Thursday, May 03, 2007

I opened another one of the windows in my apartment there. It is starting to get hot and stuffy in Seoul.

Now opening a window is not usually an important occurence. However, it is nightime here and I am quite reticent about opening windows. Why? Vampires. Yes vampires. Now I know I am twenty three and I am grown up and that an irrational fear of vampires is not very well, rational. But I had a very, very overeactive imagination as a child and I used to imagine that all manner of things were coming to get me. Vampires, goblins, demons, R Kelly.

I know it is a bit silly, but I cannot entirely shake it off. I mean I don't actually think vampires are going to get me, but I can wake up at night, half asleep and I hear a rustling and bam! One scared Fleming. I mean it would make no sense that a vampire would even go for me. In films, the bloodsuckers go for virginial, buxom maidens. I am not a maiden. Seriously, I doubt Dracula is suddenly going to be entranced by an overweight weegie, whose bed is surrounded by empty bottles of coke and whose snoring resembles a herd of Humpback whales. Nevertheless, I still get a little freaked by having my windows open.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home