Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Well I had a meeting today with the 'Planning Manager', the sort of big boss character at New Study. To cut a long story short, I am not leaving, I am not going to work at another place, instead things will remain as they are. I will stay at the place I am working doing the same stuff I am doing right now.
Essentially, my first option would have been to get paid off and go home. An extra months pay, would have set me up with a tidy sum for a summer in Glasgow. It would have also meant doing a masters next year would be a serious possibility. Instead, I feel like the guys from Prison Break after an escape plan was foiled. However, for the first time I have not been railroaded, I have basically called the shots and if not achieved the best case scenario, I have not allowed myself to be put in a position I do not want to be. After the latest shenanigans, I cannot help but think that I have moved up just a little in the food chain. So I will keep as ever, playing it by year. Whatever else, life here is never boring for long.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home