Friday, January 26, 2007

This is my first post in a few days. I have bascially been too tired for blogging in the past week. However, I attended the closing ceremony for my job at daewon foreign language high school this morning, and that will be my last morning commitment for a while. More free time should make a positive impact on my form, which has not been stellar as of late. However, the closing ceremony went gave me a big boost.

Firstly, the students had filled in feedback forms, analysing the teachers and how they enjoyed the classes. Now, in ordinary circumstanses, I would consider this both a degrading and damaging exercise, in which individuals are not truly evaluated as teachers, but instead appraised in a cheap popularity contest. However, I got the top rankings so I am willing to make an exception. Now, not for one second do I think the result genuinely makes me a better teacher than my peers at Daewoon. It is just, that as I have indicated both in the blog and in conversations, the feedback to my job performance has not been great. Now most of this has been baseless and inexplicable. It is nevertheless, just heartening for someone, anyone to say that I am doing ok.

I am even going to go crazy and have a couple of cans of Korean lager before bed. Drinking responsibily and not at the pace of the fastest drinker of course...

1 Comments:

Blogger Mark said...

Nice one Kenny.

2:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home