Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Korea had actually done a good job of convincing me that the climate was genuinely warming. I was thinking I might have to buy a lighter jacket and that within weeks it might be time for just a cheeky wee jacket. Oh no, don’t think quite that quickly you foolish ingrate Scot! Yesterday it was very cold,, with a wind so bitter I thought it was cutting to my very soul. Today, well within the first five minutes, it has started snowing so heavily I’m regretting not bringing my pack of huskies to work today.


I had a couple of new students in a reorganized class today. Below is the speech of introduction they gave. It might give you an insight into why I feel a tad misled about the levels of the students I would be working with.

My name is Peter (Could this be the next Peter English?)
I am thirteen years ago (Ah existential, I like that.)
My favorite music is Korean. (OK)
My favorite sport is soccer because I can run and kick. (True.)
My favorite book is Harry Potter because I like it. (Now come on son that’s a tad taudological is it not?)
I once went to on a family trip to the sea. (There is a shocker.)
I have no interesting thing about to say for me. (No shit Sherlock.)


A couple of people dropped me some emails yesterday after I put my hotmail address down. Thank you very much to those people, it definitely cheered me up!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home