Thursday, April 19, 2007

Interesting times in the Land of the Morning Calm and the afternoon mental breakdown. The curriculum and syllabus is being overhauled at asylum A. We are introducing greater amounts of standard ESL education and preparation for the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language.) I am drowning in a sea of acronyms and new textbooks. Now guess who has been given the responsibility of coming up with lesson plans from our fancy textbooks? Moi. Let us ignore the fact that I have never in fact taught or indeed seen a standard ESL class. I'm the man for the job. There is another problem of course with my new found responsibility. I am not that great at English.


Now let us be clear. Actually, I speak the goodest out of manys of the peoples. By this I mean I am quite an articulate chap at times, however my knowledge of the mechanics of the English language is really not that impressive. As my High School English teacher Mrs Smith and Lisa Mennie of IAS SMARTS will tell you, the apostrophe has proved as much of a pain in my life as simple carbohydrates. I am really not the best person to teach people how to speak English. Yet this is going to form a major part of what I will be doing. Who knows, maybe soon there will be a load of Korean kids running around saying shanner and bawbag.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home