Saturday, April 14, 2007

Asylum A have picked up my hours and salary after the demise of asylum B. Indeed, they did so with a minimum of fuss. Frankly, I am quite suprised they have done so. It seems despite how unsucessful the program currently is, they are in it for the long haul. They are willing to lose in the short term, in order that they will make money over the long term. Fair enough attitude. However, despite the changes we are making I remain unconvinced by its long term chances of success. We are basically making it up as we go along frankly, and I do not see where the expertise is to make it work.

Being full time in asylum A has it advantages and its disadvantages. It is good that I will have to travel less and it is comparitively less disorganised then asylum B. However, on the whole the kids are not particularly talented. At B I was an actual debate teacher and coach, however at A I am more of an english teacher than anything else.

Asylum A really is lucky to have me however. Today I turned up for drink with a stupedous hangover. I had to leave one class twice to go and do a Sparrow in the toilets. Thats professionalism it really is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home