Sunday, June 10, 2007

As some of you will have noticed, the updates have slowed down on the blog. To be frank, I have just run out of things to say at the moment. Nothing particularly interesting has been going on lately and when I have sat down to type, the posts seem very dry and banal. To be honest I feel like things have been in a bit of a rut as of late. The same old banter, same old routine etc. In actual fact I gave my Saturday evening drinking a miss last night. I did so for a variety of reasons. These nights out usually last until the wee small hours, and they have a punishing effect on the wallet and the waistline. I really need to lose some weight and try to save a little more money. To be honest I have been binge drinking like I was eighteen years old back in the hive and I am a little bit worried about the effects on my health. Definitely time for a break.


In fact my last class perfectly encapsulated my current malaise. For the last forty minutes my class sat and finished off their homework. So I sat and played Bomblink on my phone, while punctuating the wretched period with occasional glances at their progress. I don't blame them in fairness, it is a Sunday afternoon with gorgeous sunny weather and they are inside writing up speeches on whether to punish Kim Jong Il. Poor overworked buggers. Nevertheless, it is still hard for me not to ask myself if is this what I travelled thousands of miles and left my family and friends for. One one hand, it is an easy way to make money. I sit and watch them scribble away, while at the end of the day, I receive my pay. (Ooh that rhymes.) However, this is indicative of how much of my time is spent. Just a bloody waste, a cardboard cutout would be of as much use.


In other matters I m managed to break my heating this week. Lst Saturday, I woke up to my heating on full blast on a blazing hot day. My goodness , I was sweating like Michael Jackson visiting Disneyland on a busy day. Nasty. Basically, I have now set things up where I seem to have no heating at all, not even for the shower. So I have been taking cold ones and pretending I am sort of hardcore marine type. Ah well, hope everyone is keeping well,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home