Tuesday, June 05, 2007

I am just back from getting a Bagel. Now usually getting a bagel would not be considered a stressful or arduous endeavour. However, a normal busy Korean junction during rush hour can change this. It essentially provides a snapshot into why Korea has one of the worst records for traffic accidents and pedestrian deaths in the world. Firstly, Korean drivers manouevere as if they used Mad Max as an instructional video. They lurch, they veer and generally drive with all the skill of the Mr Magoo Formula One team. There are a ton of wee gobshites zooming about on wee scotters and mopeds, who think they are Max Biaggi, despite driving machines that have the horsepower of a Shetland Pony. Now this is on its own dangerous enough. However, Korean pedestrians also move with the spatial awareness of a lemming. This means that I can on a daily basis, see near misses that make me grimace. Madness



As I was typing up my latest rant, we got another few phone calls about kids quitting. The ship is really sinking here and we are now down to under twenty students. To put that in context, we should be operating at over a hundred. Doing my own personal sums I can see that despite the very big fees the asylum charges we are not even covering salaries. Yet the upper management types just want to persevere. I wonder if we will soon be persevering with no students at all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home