Wednesday, July 18, 2007

The past week or so has been a weird adjustment.

Imagine if a football coach suddenly went from working with the Brazilian international side to working with a bunch of non league amateurs. This is the kind of adjustment I have had to deal with. After being involved with world schools and watching some of the smartest and most articulate young people in well, the world, coming back to the asylum is very deflating. It is very, very difficult to feel enthused about going through very basic English textbooks, with very basic kids.

It is also interesting to see lots of my new facebook friends making little jokes like: "No more kimichi for me, tee hee." Yes very good, but what do you think I got as a sidedish with dinner last night. Generally, at the moment I just can't be arsed.

At the moment though I have two things keeping me around. I am DCA for the Korean High School Championships and that should be a good experience as well as an obligation I really should fulfill. Also, I have accrued six months of my bonus thus far and I am loathe to leave without getting any of that. With the asylum going the way it is I would really like to try and get some sort of pay off.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kiwi Claire said...

Glad to see you're the DCA, Kenny. You were a great judge at the recent WSDC so I hope your obvious skills are utilised and appreciated in the Korean competition.

8:23 PM  
Blogger Special_K said...

Cheers Claire. I certainly got better once I had some practice at doing the sums on the marking sheets.

5:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home