Tuesday, June 19, 2007

The answer to my question below is that they are all Scottish. Ah fairly obvious, but not that obvious eh. Well done to Jimmy Doyle for being the first person to get the answer right. (He answered via my facebook page.) Their all being Scottish is actually quite noteworthy, when you consider that during the Advocat years the idea of a Scottish eleven was inconceivable. I actually think Rangers are on the right track now. Trying to maximise the youth set up at the club, not spending lavishly and making sure there is a strong Scottish backbone to the side. All in all, when I see Celtic connected to multi million pound signings for Italian rejects, it makes me feel quietly confident about next season.

It is the hottest it has been since I arrived in Korea today. It is 31c, which is well bloody hot. It makes me grateful for the fact that I actually handle the heat improbably well. Considering that I have vampiricaly pasty white skin and sport a physique reminscent of a bull walrus without the tusks I actually do ok. By all rights I should be sweating like Lord Levy walking past the Houses of Parliaments, but I am not suffering too badly. I suppose after family holidays in Disneyworld, where time is spent running away from over sized squeaky rodents due to the effects of sunstroke i can handle anything.

In other news, the man, the myth, the legend, the Lande is coming to Korea. Yes, UCC's finest, Mr Derek Lande will be in Korea for about four days. He is coming over to do some workshops at a university here. Usually, I would try and fire some pithy putdown in Derek's direction, but I am actually too excited to do so. It will be lovely to see someone from home, even if it is Derek. (Oh there it is, could not help myself.) But, I actually very much look forward to seeing the blue shirt and tan chinos soon. That, and he says he will bring me some excellent Irish chocolate. Ba da bing

2 Comments:

Blogger Niall K said...

You write as if Rangers' new policy of not spending lavishly was a choice.... rather than a necessity imposed by years of underpar performance in Europe.

I'm looking forward to next season too....

11:25 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I think this is one of the few occassion when Niall and I agree. But take as many positives as you can Kenny...

3:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home