Wednesday, June 20, 2007

I have only been a teacher for about half a year and in fairness it is hardly the most austere of surroundings, however I seemed to have picked up the mannerisms and ticks that all teachers seem to have. For example, one of the students was just writing on a desk with highlighter pen. Now highlighter wipes right off with no problems. This did not stop me asking him in very slowly if he would like it if I came into his home and wrote on his furniture with highlighter, in a slow and domineering. I don't even know why I did it, but it is like years of learned behavior suddenly kicked in. Its such a stupid premise anyway. No, of course no one would like someone to come into their home and write all over their stuff, because people like their stuff, but I honestly could not care less about the asylum's desks. Soon when a students says ok, I'll give it the old: "No it is not ok, not ok at all, humff." I might even start wearing tweed jackets with leather patches on the arm. I am sure Rowners has a spare one he could send over.

My mood though has been cheered by the fact that I am getting the weekend off. Well the time off will enable me to take part in the same workshops Derek is coming over to do. The trick is now to falsely imply that I know what I am talking about. Operation Patricia Hewitt begins.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home