Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Today is a gorgeous day in Korea. Its about ten degrees apparently, but it feels a lot warmer. Frankly, I do not remember there being many days like this in February at home. In fact, it is probably grey and overcast at home. If not raining. But here its lovely, really lovely. So ha fucking ha.
I am going to try and make this a more positive post, as I am, all things being equal feel feeling a bit more positive about things. Also, the sight of Alex Thurlow calling me whiney on my bebo page still wracks my ver being.
Now on the whole, the organisation is still shitty, I’m still not loving the job and people still stare on the subway, but I am now starting to get some time off. Specifically, Thursday and Friday each week. Now thus far, I would like to say that I have taken advantage of this time to go and visit some temples, some museums and learn some more of the language. However, if I said that I would be like a Labour party finance guru. I would be lying.”Yeah, yeah we’ve got the money. I’ll get it to you by the end of the week . Yeah we’ll have a beer, cool, cool. Aw fuck we’re gonna have to sell some of Bevan’s underpants....” However, I will say this, the new Battlestar Galactica TV series is absolutely outstanding and I wholeheartedly recommend that people should check it out. So, no great cultural experiences for me yet, but I do really enjoy sitting around watching TV and movies,.So thats cool.
Yesterday morning, I watched the Superbowl. It was a better game than past years and Peyton Manning finally got the ring he deserves. Now the night before, I had stayed up with some buddies drinking some beer and playing some Madden. Simple night, but very fun. So, watching the game, my tongue felt like sandpaper and my eyebells were all red. My hair is quite long at the minute and I had neither showered, let alone gelled the unruly mop. So, I went up to big Phil’s apartment and as I watched the game. I looked, felt and probably smelled like shit. And I loved it. In a perverse way it shows how you can come to miss hangovers when they are gone. A hangover is the mark of a good night. You can’t have the pleasure without the pain sometimes. It reminded me of waking up in Chateau de Eaglesham after a good night out and vegetating the day away. Everyone complaining about how bad they feel. “God, I wanna die. Christ,I need some water. Jesus, I am gonna puke. Allah, I need a McDonalds.” It reminded me of watching the Rugby world cup at Jamie Boss’ on the mattresses and Boat Shop taking twenty minutes to produce the foulest tasting tea any of us had ever tasted. (If the Foreign office does not work out, then a career in motorway services station catering could await.) The collective turpor that is the morning after the night before is something I missed and yesterday morning was a lot of fun. Ok, while trying teach that night, I did in fact think about killing myself, but it was definitely worth it in the end.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home