Sunday, March 18, 2007

St Patrick's Day celebrations proved to be eventful. I did not get down to Itaewon till about a quarter to midnight. So I met up with the boys and had a bit of catching to do. A challenge I approached with gusto. I started with the customary pint of Guiness and to my suprise and pleasure really rather enjoyed it. I honestly used to think it was foul, however I enjoyed it so much I drank about four more. With each Guiness I had a shot of Jamieson's and I was drinking at a rather quick pace. Needless to sayI was definitely not drinking responsibly. The place we were drinking in was called the Wolfhound. It was full of people pretending to be Irish. So it was just like St Paddy's day at home. I wanted to go along in the hope that there would be singing, instead there seemed to be a lot Tupac and Dr Dre on. Must be the Black Irish I concluded. So dissapointed that there was no 'Danny Boy' being bellowed and that Connor Buckley was not here I went up the stairs to watch some of the Six Nations.

The Scotland vs France game was on the TV upstairs so I decided to have a look for a while. The place was filled with people wearing green shirts, but quite a few folk were wearing the characteristic shirts of 'Les Bleus.' Anyway, on the whole Scotland were taking an absolute humping, but I managed to catch Sean Lamont's creative and opportunistic breakaway try. I let out a cry of delight and did a wee jump, as happy sports fans do. Instantly, I get punched by a Frenchie. I say punched, but it was a ludicrously weak blow. The blow from the drunk Frenchman had all the force and vigour that you would expect from, well a drunk Frenchman. Now I thought I was going to have roll up the sleeves and show this cheese eating surrender monkey some of the lessons I learned on the mean streets of Bishopbriggs. (How do you defend Paris? Who the buggery knows it's never been tried.) However, before I can his friends go mental and restrain him. One of them, with perfect English explains: "I am so, so sorry, our friend is such a moron. What a fool. Let us buy you a drink. " A free pint of Guiness for a wimpish blow. Frankly, I hoped Pierre would take another swing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home