Monday, August 27, 2007

Slight apologies about the lack of updates as of late. Due to various circumstances that will become clearer in time, I have run out of steam as of late in the posting. I have been in very good spirits for the last couple of weeks and I can only see this continuing for the remainder of my time.

The weather has been lovely although very hot. The grey and overcast skies have gone and the temperature is hitting over thirty degrees nearly every day. The good weather should continue through September, but with slightly decreasing temperatures.

I was out for a friend’s birthday on Saturday night and I got absolutely battered. So much so, that I was apparently thrown out of the nightclub for fighting. No one likes that chat. I am glad that I was promptly booted as I am frankly a bit of wimpish lump. I not sure what the expression is when you are neither a lover, nor a fighter, but that’s me.

I think I will go and get some Shabu Shabu for dinner this evening. It is a form of cuisine that is actually Japanese in origination, however it is firmly entrenched in Korea. (Japan’s excellent variety of food compensates somewhat for their legacy of war crimes around North Asia.) It basically consists of a boiling broth in the middle heated on a gas stove. You are then given a platter of frozen razor thin cut beef and some veggies. The veggies include oyster mushrooms, cabbage, other vegetables… The beef is cut so thin that it barely cooks for less than a minute and it is ready to be cooked. By the end there liquid broth has become infused with the taste of the beef and vegetables and you can have some of that with some noodles. Then comes the coup de grace to the whole meal, out comes some rice and egg mixture. The broth is mixed together to create a sort of of eggy rice mixture. Now I recognise this may not on paper sound like the best stuff on the world, but it is, trust me. I think when Derek Lande was out here it even made him eat a couple of vegetables, which is as those who know him will attest is a feat akin to splitting the atom.

Some guys that I know from debating are doing some travelling and have started some blogs. Diarmud Early and Tony Murphy are going on an absolute marathon trek and Dim is recording it at dimsavestheworld.blogspot.com a much, much cooler name than my blog. It even has pictures and everything. However, I predict it has less funny anecdotes about acts of random stupidity in nightclubs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home